Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year....New Things.

 
Happy New Year everyone!!  I truly hope everyone had a great holiday season and that you all have great goals for this year.  Right now the only goal I have on my brain is making it through this pregnancy.  One month left and I just feel like it is taking forever to get over with.  I realized that I probably should do one more belly shot before Danni makes her arrival.  Corey convinced me to do a bare belly shot, which really makes you appreciate the roundness of the belly.  My mom made the comment that is looks like she has dropped and as I looked I thought the same thing.  Let's just hope she doesn't sag so low she drags on the ground.
 


I was joking when I said that was my only goal this year.  I am excited to welcome a new member to our family this year.  But along with that I have been thinking of trying to be a more positive person.  I realize most of what I say can be negative and when someone makes a comment i try to find something negative to say about it.  Habit or just me not using my filter correctly.  Either way I need to work on that.  And like my friend Sarah who also blogs I want to try and post more often.  And with that comes taking more pictures.  I used to take a ton when we lived in Maryland.  I think it might have something to do with how beautiful everything was there.  Made it easy to find something to photograph.  Here during winter it is hard to find anything worth taking a picture of.  And we really don't get out much this time of year.  The kids make it down to the bus stop and I might get out for a Dr. appointment or to get groceries, but other than that I just stay at home cuddled under a blanket on the couch.

Of course I have physical goals too.  I of course want to lose the baby weight, but this time I am really going to try and not be too hard on myself.  I have surprised myself with the fact that I have put some weight on and I am ok with it.  I do have a goal to run a half marathon the end of August with my friend Bonnie and brother Thor.  I started Bonnie running before I got pregnant and she has kept it up and become a beast.  She has never ran a half marathon before and I really want to share that with her.

So I will try to take pictures of something in the next couple of days and find something to post about.  Maybe this will help me get creative.

4 comments:

Sally said...

I was just thinking that I need to make some blogging goals this year as well. I've gotten pretty sparce. I'm glad your blogging more, and once that baby comes you will have lot's of opportunities to take pictures!

Seth and Julie said...

I agree that winter is a hard time to find something worth taking a picture of but even if you don't have any pics you can pop in and blog anyway. I can't believe you only have a month to go. Sally is right. You will have plenty to take pictures of and brag, I mean blog about soon.

Sarah said...

Just wanted you to know that I read you blog, too! ;) Good luck with your goals for this year. You've picked some great ones! I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming Danni posts!

melissa said...

Yay for more blogging!