Sunday, October 11, 2009

Free City Festival

I have met a friend here in Hagerstown and her name is Cynthia. I met her at the YMCA during a class and we hit it off really well. We have been hanging out a lot lately and it makes my weeks a lot more endurable. Her husband works for the government in D.C. so he commutes there ever day. So we are the same in the fact we are home a lone all day long.

She told me about the City fair and that everything was free. Wow free? I didn't really think this was possible. But to our surprise everything was completely free. Except for the food which was cheap even after the fact. But what Corey and I didn't realize is when you say free and you hold it in the downtown section of town...you get some really strange people. I think we felt very out of place there. Plus the smoking was horrible. Everywhere you turned there was someone lighting up and it was making everyone sick.

But we did have lots of fun besides that. We met Cynthia and her two kids there and we hung out and let the kids have fun.

Lexie has always wanted to do pony rides when we go places, but they usually cost a small fortune to ride one. So she finally got her pony ride for free. She loved it. I told Corey she looked like she belonged up on that horse. Give her a cowboy hat and I think she would fit the role perfectly. I told her don't even think about asking Santa for a pony.

Poor Gabe had a loose tooth. He has been complaining that it is bothering him and he won't eat anything that requires biting. So we bought him a hot dog and he refused to eat it. So Corey got physical and pulled his tooth right there. I don't think it was ready yet because the root on this sucker was huge. I think that also explains the big gaping hole where the tooth was. Hopefully he won't purposely loosen a tooth from here on out.
Here is my friend Cynthia, I hate this picture just for the fact I am squinting into the sun. I should have worn glasses like she did.

They local Goodwill provided clothes and the hay and you got to make your own scarecrow to take home. The line was huge but Cynthia was already stuffing one. So we just help her with hers. Here are my kids a plus her two.


I have to admit that Hagerstown does some amazing things for the community free. I think we have something planned every weekend till Halloween. At least it keeps us busy.

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

That's awesome that you have a friend already.

Have you guys been in to DC yet? Did I miss those pics? I wonder if it is like Chicago where there is "free" stuff going on but it costs $40 to park and another $20 to take cabs all day. Gotta love big cities!

Anonymous said...

What a picture of Gabe!!! I hope that you are not waiting until Christmas to cut his hair. I love his curls but they are starting to look alittle girlish. I hope Hailey's hair will be like that. Lexie looks so grown up on that horse. It must be that Maryland air that is making Lexie look grown-up and Gabe's hair to grow like a weed. Christmas is getting closer!!!

Sally said...

I am so impressed Kory! Maky friends all ready! I'm glad you are finding lot's of fun stuff to keep you busy.