Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Has Sprung

 
Spring is here in Eagle Point and I am so excited about it.  I am still getting used to the fact that it still isn't freezing cold with snow on the ground.  That has been the best thing about moving away from Wyoming...is leaving the wind and snow behind.
 
Danni loves to be outside.  I hate that we don't have a nice yard anymore for her to explore so our front walkway will have to do.  There is this bush that has all these white flowers and Danni thinks they are great to munch on.  I have to keep on eye on her or she will bend down and bite off a flower like she is doing in the picture.  It is pretty funny....I just hope they are not poisonous. 
 
On our way home from Grandma's funeral Hailey got a bad stomach bug that had the worst puke and diarrhea.  Little Danni got it next and it was not fun at all.  Poor girl would puke all night and then we would have as my mom calls it "Code Liquid Brown" multiple times a day. 
 
She looks like some wild child in this picture.
 When I first walked by her I thought how did she manage to pee on her back...I soon discovered it wasn't pee.
 
We have spring break this week and a friend from church asked if I wanted to go up north to do some hiking and see some waterfalls.  The kids were excited.  So we packed a lunch and took off.  It was beautiful with temperatures in the 70's.  Oregon does have some beautiful things to see here.
 The boulders were huge.

 This was the only place they were allowed to wade in.  The other parts had too much rapids going on.


 Gabe on the edge...I was nervous the whole time.  He just told me to relax.  yeah right.
 
 Found this on my camera...Gabber selfie.
 
They have this huge rock that has been worn down that the kids could slide down.  They did that for a long time.  
 Gabe sliding on his feet down.
 Gabe in the woods. 
 Kids hiding behind the trees.
 Lexie on the rock slide. 
 Here comes Logan.
 These two added sand to every thing they consumed. 
 On top of the rock slide.

 Cool waterfall....it was too high up for my liking.

Where are the guard rails people?  I was a nervous wreck.
 
On the way home we stopped at this little ice cream shop in Shady Cove that was super cheap and you got a ton of ice cream.  After a hot day hiking this was the best ending.
 
 
 
 
 
Esquibels and Southwicks.
 
Soccer season is gearing up again.  Lexie has been waiting all winter for it to start again.  The girls loves soccer.  The league here is really nice and they are very professional.  I am excited for her to learn some great things this year.
 
 
 
This past week the kids had mustache day at school and Hailey wanted one also.  She wore that thing for 2 days and didn't want to wash it off.  She could pull off that mustache really well though.
 


4 comments:

Sally said...

I've eaten at that ice cream place a hundred times! It's the best! I'm glad to see you guys are out exploring Oregon!

Seth and Julie said...

I really need to move somewhere warm! Today was the first day above freezing this year. It was 42 degrees and you would have thought it was 4th of July, because everyone was outside enjoying the Spring weather. Snow is in the forecast again this week though. You really hadn't posted in awhile....Danni was a baby and now she has pigtails. Too cute! It's good to see you out making friends and turning OR in to your home.

Unknown said...

So jealous. Glad you can live some where beautiful and warm. Wished we lived closer. Love you sis

Anonymous said...

Did you carry Danni? It looks very beautiful! I, too wished we lived closer.