Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Picture Catch Up

 
Boy has it been awhile.  I commend all those in the blogging world who stay with this day after day for so long.  I was doing a fabulous job and then the move happened.  This move has been a hard one for me.  I hate the place we are living in mainly because it is tiny and run down.  It smells and we haven't sold our house yet.  We have until August and then I worry if we haven't sold we will have to stay here even longer.  So I keep trying to pull myself out of my personal depression only to keep getting knocked back down.  I am determined to stay upright this time.  If anything maybe the blogging will be therapeutic for me.  We left our house with a partially finished basement and for 6 months no offers.  So Corey and I must invest our savings into finishing the basement in hopes we can get it back at closing.  Enough about my housing woes...one to the picture spew.  I wish I could say I had more pictures from 6 months since my last post but I don't.  I was so bummed to even pick up my camera.  So here is what was on my camera since we moved.  Hopefully it will get better.  And as a side note Hailey had her party at a pizza place and the pictures are on Corey's phone.  So I will have to post those later.
 
The saving grace for me here is the weather.  It is so nice and green.  Spring has arrived early with the trees in pink and white and it is truly beautiful.  I go on a walk everyday and just soak in that sun with no wind to fight against.  So this means lots of park days since there is one just 4 doors down from us.  Danni loves the park but I can only handle so long with her.  She wants to climb on everything and it wears me out chasing after her.
 
 She loves the swing...good thing Lexie pushes her.
 Nothing like a kick in the face when trying to snap the perfect picture.
 Lexie is such a great sister.  She always will watch her and play with her.
 Whiplash anyone?
 
This week has been spirit week here in Eagle Point and the kids always want to participate which is great.  Usually I am the mom who doesn't care that much and in the end is left totally up to them.  Well I was feeling a good mom moment yesterday and since today was crazy hair day I let both kids pick out some washout color for their hair.  Gabe has been begging me to dye his hair a color for about a year now and that will not happen on a permanent basis.  So lucky me they have these non permanent options to go to.
 
This was as crazy as Lexie wanted to go...I think she just looks cute.
Went for the red...I was almost positive he would have gone green or blue.
 I love this picture because I didn't tell them I was going to just keep clicking away.  I got some great shots doing this.  Now I know why some photographers just keep snapping.  Lexie's smile is perfect and then Gabe is all duh...
 
On February 6th my little chubber turned one.  I can't believe it has already been a year since her birth.  She is just so stinking cute and I think for good reason.  This girl has some serious attitude and she works it on everyone.  She is walking all over causing mayhem in her wake.
 Look of anticipation for that chocolate cupcake coming her way.
  Look of disappointment when she didn't like it that much.
 Presents are always nice.  She finally figured that out.
 We got her a bunch of board books.  She loves books.
 
I realized that Hailey will be going into Kindergarten next year and I have not really been over anything.  I don't want her going in being behind so I bucked up and we do "learning" everyday.  She loves it and won't let me forget it.  She learns with videos and songs and also the paper crafts and practicing writing her letters.  I think she will be a smarty pants but we shall see.  She is also my lefty.  She is the only one who got that from her Grandpa Esquibel.


Yesterday was hat day at school and Lexie told me she wanted to be in charge of her own hair.  I keep wanting control of doing it but I realize she is almost 9 and wants to do things by herself.  She did a pretty banged up job if I don't mind saying so.

 Hailey felt left out for all the school pictures so she asked what about me.  How could I resist such a cute little face.
 
I thought I would end with a picture of Danni walking.  Walking toward the future and a brighter hope in things to come.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the last pic of lexie and gabe. I'm impressed that lexie can braid her own hair. I know how stressful the housing situation can be.

Sally said...

I'm so glad to see you back also! Red is a great hair color for Gabe!

Unknown said...

You have gotten back into blogging. Love all the pics. Such cute kids.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. The swing one's cracked me up.