Sunday, February 17, 2013

First Two Weeks of Danni

 
I know everyone will be tired of seeing post about Danni...but how can you not help but post about a new life brought into this world.  The trauma of the labor is slowly fading and in its place is an emotion of awe for me.  There is nothing better than holding your child as they make that first entrance into this mortal life.  I know Danni was meant to be ours and I feel very humbled to have been given the inspiration to have her.  How empty our life would have been without her. 
 
After two weeks of life Danni is thriving.  She loves to eat and can down her food in no time flat.  Of course this makes for manly burps on her part.  She is good natured most of the time, except for her grumpy time at night.  She HATES her bath time but loves to be wrapped and cuddled.  She loves to stare at things for extended periods of time and I know this is impossible but I swear she has smiled at me a couple of times, wide awake with no gas going.  My mom can attest to that because she was here for 2 of them.  I guess I need to update my pictures!!!
 
 Hanging in the warmer...she did well.
 Most recent pic, trying to calm her grumpy upset stomach.
 Corey took this, fat face picture.
 In the hospital 2 days old.
 After first feeding, look at those poor bruises all over her face.
 The best part...holding her after the labor was amazing.
She was so worth it!!!

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

No one gets sick of newborn baby posts, or even newborn babies for that matter. I am so jealous. It always wears off by the time they hit 4 months but there is nothing in the world like having a newborn. I am glad to hear things are going well.

Anonymous said...

Her little cheeks are getting fat. And yes, I swear I saw her look right at me and smile! I think she is going to be a joy to all.

Melissa said...

Awe, so cute. glad you are enjoyingher!