Tuesday, November 13, 2012

28 weeks

 
Happy 3rd Trimester!!!  I just had to start out with that.  I have to admit this pregnancy has gone by way too fast for me.  I wish it would slow down just a little bit.  I don't know if I am ready yet, but nothing I can do about that.  I have really been thinking about my kids here lately.  Don't know if the fact I am adding another cute one to my brood, but I just have realized how different each one is from the others.  It makes life very interesting in our house.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  The other night the kids were getting along so well.  This doesn't happen a lot so I thought I should probably document it.
 
The boys seem to get along the best.  They pal around everywhere together.  Gabe won't even let Logan sleep alone in his little twin bed.  I feel bad for Logan but Logan is such a soft hearted person he has a hard time telling Gabe no.  They are such great friends and I love this about them.  So glad I had them close together.
 

The girls are not as close, but since Hailey is getting older they do play more together.  Which Hailey loves, she follows Lexie around like crazy wanting to play dogs (Sally will appreciate that) and other pretend games.  Once in a full moon all 4 will play together until Lexie gets hurt by mostly Gabe and then comes screaming to us for help.  On this night Lexie was reading to Hailey and she just pooped out right on her shoulder.  It was the cutest thing ever.

Had my Dr. appointment and Sugar test done in one day.  It was nice because I went to the lab and choked down the orange soda mix and then was able to run up to my check up right above it.  Made for that hour of just sitting there more bearable.  I keep telling Corey when they weigh me I will close my eyes but I just can't seem to do it.  I again gained above the recommended amount for a month and I was a little sad about it.  When my Dr. came in he asked what the problem was and when I told him I thought I was gaining too much weight he just kinda laughed and said, "yeah cause you are huge Kory."  It was not the reaction I was expecting.  He then went into how much fluid and blood and placenta I was carrying around and the fact I was planning on breastfeeding.  He just said the weight will probably fall off after delivery.  I know I stress too much about weight gain but I always feel like my body is a sponge when I am pregnant.  It likes to retain everything.  But Danni sounded great.  Strong heartbeat.  She moves a lot, usually at night of course.

Since we live in such a small town with a small hospital the lab results came back the same day.  The nurse called and said my iron was low, so I needed to eat more iron in my diet like dark greens and beans.  I have no problem with that.  Just throw a dark salad in with my lunches.  And she also said my sugar was low so I needed to eat more frequent meals.  I was a little perplexed considering I am having no problem gaining weight, yet they want me to eat more.  Corey likes to throw in, yeah more good food not crap.  I tend to reach for the chocolate and brownie's when I get hungry instead of something substantial.  So I will just have to do that.  And speaking of throwing in more food, I made my grandma's bread again today and there is nothing better for a mid-day snack then the end off a hot fresh loaf of bread with homemade triple berry jam on it.

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

There is no way you are gaining too much...you look great! I wish they would not even tell women what they weigh when they are pregnant and then they compare it to other women. Some women gain very little and others gain 60 pounds per kid. So what! I hardly gained anything with my kids and I still agonized over the scale at the doctor's because it is just uncomfortable having someone judge what you have or have not gained and it adds so much pressure.

melissa said...

Well all that extra weight is definitely in your belly! You look great! The pictures of your kids are so cute. I love the one of the girls! I agree, this year has flown by! Can't wait to see cute little Danni!