Saturday, October 20, 2012

5K Poker Run

First time for everything right?  Not only have I never ran through a pregnancy before, but I have never done a race while pregnant.  After doing this one, I think I will not do another one.  There is no way not to push yourself in a race atmosphere.  It is just too hard.  I know I probably pushed myself a little too much for the 3 miles.  The pace wasn' t that fast but it was up the mountain here and I was breathing so hard by the time I got to the top.  I didn't have any cramping or pains so that is good.  I just have too much competitive spirit in me to run a race and just take it easy.  But we made it and the girls did great.  I am so glad I met these girls and that they keep me on my feet but also remind me that I need to take it down a notch.
 


This is the hill that the trail goes back and forth and up and down...it was 3 miles of torture and hills.  I will keep to the streets for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother is relieved that there will be no more races while you are pregnant.

Seth and Julie said...

Maybe I need to start racing because I have never felt the slightest motivation to run faster or longer than I have to. I think it is awesome that you are staying in shape during the pregnancy but even more awesome and important that you are listening to your body and scaling back a bit.