Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend Fun

Corey and I have had a blast lately. Maybe it is the holiday season, or maybe we have just come to realize we haven't been spending enough time together. Any way you want to look at it, this past weekend was so much fun. Besides snuggling on the couch while Corey watches football and he plays with my hair we also went over to our friends the Ryder's house for their daughter's birthday. It was of course a Halloween theme, and it was so cute. The kids loved it. There is something about birthday parties and kids that makes everyone happy. The Ryder's really dressed up, Corey did at least put forth some effort into being a construction worker. I am not really into dressing up so I went as myself. I know lame, but hey at least I went. We took some couple pictures that were really fun. Corey made me wear his Hilti stuff so I wouldn't look so out of it. Plus I think he really liked me in that tool belt. He wanted me to wear it later at home, but it really wasn't my style....

Ready to work
Christy and I, she was such a cute witch.
Aren't they great?
Full body shot, he really likes that pocket.
The vampire and the construction worker.
After the party we went to Reynolds' Farm which is a huge pumpkin patch together. They have this huge free playground area and the kids had a blast just playing around. I did take a couple of pictures, but I looked through them and realized how lame they are. I really need to work on my picture taking skills. So sorry no pictures to go with that. On Sunday the Ryder's had us over for dinner and we had chicken enchiladas, which were so good I had seconds. After dinner I was showing Christy what bjj was and of course Corey got a picture. He said this is one of his favorites. I sure hope Christy won't be too embarrassed that I posted it.

And I just have to say how proud I am of my husband. He told me he wanted to start working out with me in the mornings. I was shocked, because Corey hates physical activity. But on Monday morning he got up at 5:30 with me and went out in the garage for some high interval weight training. He did great, and he also felt sick afterwards. I was scared he was going to quit. But this morning after I got back from my quick run, I ran two miles with Corey. He did really well just walking once after mile one. It is so nice to have Corey as my workout partner. Maybe tomorrow morning as we are doing our interval training I can snap some shots of us. I am just so proud of my baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pics Kory Jane!!! Loved the last one. Man thier costume were scary. Hurry up Christmas!!

Thor'sblog said...

You always loved to lift infront of the boys and bench more then them, thats my girl!

Sally said...

Come on, where's your Halloween spirit? I know it's in there somewhere, because I've seen you covered in blue paint! And from one not morning person to another, tell Cory that I'm very impressed he is getting up early to work out.