Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh Me Oh My

Well it has happened to me now.... I am so bummed that it did. I went to lunch today with my friend Christy at Panera. We had a great lunch. I had a bowl of their black bean soup which is to die for if you like beans. Marshall's is right next door and we decided to scoot on over to take a look. I LOVE Marshall's. Every time I go in, I come out with something. Today was no exception. I had bought my first pair of skinny jeans about a month ago and have loved them. So I decided I needed one more pair. I found them and they fit great. Found a cute shirt to go with them too.

For those who wear garments you know the challenges of tucking in your pants as you put them on. Not an easy task with skinny jeans. As I was walking away from the dressing rooms I suddenly realized that my wedding ring was gone. Yep I had lost it. I searched everywhere. My friend Christy even looked all over the store. She said she saw it on my finger at Panera so I know it had to have fallen of in the store. I know it had to have been while trying on the clothes, but I searched all over with no results. I gave my name and number to the manager and asked if they would call if someone turned it in. I knew I had to tell Corey and I was a little nervous. He has hinted several times I needed to get it re sized because it just falls off sometimes. But I never listened to him. He was actually very understanding, but he did get his "I told you so" in there. I told him we would just wait a couple of weeks to see if someone would stumble upon it. Then I guess we will wait and see. We definitely don't have the money for a new wedding ring. All of my other rings are too big as well. I am just hoping that someone accidentally spots it and turns it in. What a pain. Now I feel almost naked without it.

Does anyone else have a lost wedding ring story? Might make me feel better.

5 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

Jason's brother has lost two of his in the ocean. I am sure it will turn up. If not just get a $10 ring at Walmart for the time being. They look pretty real. Love you!

Sarah said...

I lost my wedding rings a few years ago, too. Same thing as you- I knew they were too loose, knew I needed to get them resized but kept putting it off. I was sitting in church when I realized they were gone and had to leave right then to go home and look for them. When they didn't turn up right away I bawled my eyes out and just knew they were gone forever. The next day I was putting away some laundry and out they fell. They must have slid off while I was sorting clothes. I'm pretty sure I went to get them resized the very next day. I truly hope yours finds its way back to you!

Seth and Julie said...

I have lost my ring, but thankfully I have always found it again. I know it is just a thing and can be replaced, but I feel for you. My wedding ring is the only material posession I have, besides pictures, that I am attached to. I hope you get it back!!! I bet Corey does too, but I am glad to hear he was understanding.

melissa said...

Oh no! That really stinks! I hope someone returns it! I would be so sad if that happened and I hate the feeling of a naked finger!

Sally said...

Josh actually lost his wedding ring in the parking lot of Wal-mart once and someone turned it in to the lost and found, so there is hope for you. Bummer though.