Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Friday

Happy Early Halloween!! We have learned since moving here to Hagerstown that you have several different days for trick or treating. Each little town in the area has different days that they participate. Hagerstown was Friday night so we got all geared up and ready to go. You can hit other places on Wednesday and Thursday if you really want to go crazy with the candy. One night is good enough for me. It was really cold and windy tonight too. Wished it could have been a little warmer. We had fun just the same though. And with all four we got A LOT of candy. It should last us till into the new year. This all happens because they have a huge Halloween parade here called the Mutter's Parade. It is a pretty big thing on the Saturday night around Halloween. So that is why trick or treating is so spread out. We didn't make it last year, but we have plans to go tomorrow night. That should be interesting.

I have a hard time staying out of the candy on Halloween. After we got all the candy combined I hoarded for a little while till I got what I wanted out of it. This is my sinister greedy face...
We were tight on money this year so we just used what we had around the house. Lexie was a princess as usual. We even got some blue eye shadow on just for her.
Hailey was a cute little kitty. We borrowed this costume and it worked great. She loved going up to doors and asking for candy. She ate more than all the other kids combined. She take after her mom with her chocolate tooth.
The boys just wore their uniforms. Logan was a football player and Gabe was a karate master. They were disappointed that they couldn't be something scary. Next year I want to try and make their costumes. That will be very interesting. But I did get a brotherly photo opt. I love this picture. This is how Gabe is.....enough said.

We had a great time. I do have to say I missed trick or treating at Grandma's house. I miss Grandma period. But I try to keep a smile on my face and make it a good year anyways. All in all, Halloween 2010 was lots of fun.

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

They look so cute. Lexie is too pretty and I love her blue eye shadow. I want to squeeze that cute cat...that costume just makes me grin. I love that the boys are not something scary and that I can see their faces. That is the hardest thing with boys. All the costumes are gory or cover their faces. Looks like a great Halloween, especially for you. Ha,Ha...I love the stealing candy photo.

Anonymous said...

Kory Jane!! You need to pull up your pants or work on filling them out. (Not filling them) I miss raiding you and your sibling's candy for the little candy bars - couldn't resist them. You must of inherited that gene from me. Nothing like alittle chocolate - I have some everyday. Halloween just won't be the same - no pulling the red wagon around. Christmas will be great though!

Sally said...

We sure miss you guys at Halloween! I wish we could choose which day to go trick or treating. Good luck with the costumes next year. My advice is to start early. Don't wait until the week before like I do.