Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kindergarten Night

 
This post was supposed to be dedicated to my YW activity last night but I found these lovely pictures on my camera and couldn't resist posting them.  I came into the living room and Hailey had crowned Danni princess for the day.  She kept it on for awhile too.  She just looked so dang cute.....
 

Now back to my original purpose of posting.  As you know from my past post I have been dumpy lately.  And I can't help but feel the Lord has blessed me with the calling to be in YW.  There is something so contagious about being around teenage girls who want to be around you.  We don't have a ton of girls, but what we lack in quantity we make up in quality.  I am over the Mia-Maids and I only have 2 girls.  Ashlee ( the crazy girl down front) is my president and we came up with kindergarten night.  So I made the girls get pigtails and freckles and we had a night of kid games.  It was pretty funny to see the girls do hopscotch and a bubble gum blowing contest.  But I have to admit the best part was playing red light green light and red rover outside on the lawn.  We had so much fun and I am sure if you were to drive by you couldn't tell the leaders from the girls (well maybe if they got up close and noticed all our wrinkles).   I had such a great time with the girls and they really did lift my spirits for this week.  They will probably never know how much they mean to me.



5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

What a fun and creative idea! Funny how the Lord knows exactly where we need to serve at any given time in our lives. I'm glad you are finding strength in your calling and I am sure you are changing their lives just as much as they are changing yours.

Anonymous said...

Service is always a great way to forget your own troubles. Now you know why I love the YW program so much! Before you know it you will be all alone with NO kids or GRANDKIDS around you.

Melissa said...

Cute girls! looks like you have a fun group of yw, glad they cheered you up!

Sally said...

What a great idea! I might have to do something like that with my activity day girls.

Unknown said...

The Lord knows what calling we need. You look like one of the YW :-)