Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gabe' Baptism Weekend

Boy was it an eventful weekend!!  In reality it was Gabe's weekend.  We were busy and did lots of things together.  At the same time it was so special because my Gabber got baptized.  It was wonderful.  I can't even describe the feeling of watching your child doing and following the Gospel and knowing that he is developing such a strong testimony from it.  

The weekend started early for us due to the fact it was a half day Friday.  That basically means they let the kids out at 12:20 and they get to come home early to us.  I didn't want to just sit inside, because it was such a beautiful day out.  So I took all the kids to a local park.  The two girls played and didn't bug me at all.  The boys kept saying they were bored because there was no one there age to play with.  I get so tired of those words.  Who gets bored at a gigantic playground?  So I let the boys use my camera for a little stretch each.  Actually got some great shots.
 Hailey loves the slides
 Weee...he is such a ham.
 Logan took this pic and I love it.
 aviator Kory, yep didn't know about this one.
 Logan took this one too...great shot.
 Me and my little munchkin.
 He was in the middle of saying no, which made for a great picture.
  He made for a great seat.

Saturday arrived and Gabe had been training and signed up for the County Cross Country event. They had to run about 3/4 of a mile and there were so many people there.  But Gabe did great for his first race.  He got 55 out of 164 boys.
 Hailey throwing a fit in the wet grass because she wanted on the playground.
 Gabe just finished.
 Go Gabber





  Then what a better way to end the day then Gabe getting baptized.  He was so excited.  It was wonderful.  And I will never forget how after he was confirmed he sat next to me and held my hand. Then he looked up at me and said he couldn't stop smiling.  I love my family.




  

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Tow kiddos baptized already! Wow, where is the time going? I love that Gabe couldn't stop smiling. How cute!

The Thompson Family said...

awe what a beautiful family you have. It must mean they have great parents. Congrats on Gabe's baptism. I can't believe he is eight. I still remember him as a little baby yoda. What a cutie. We love and miss you.