Friday, April 15, 2011

Logan and Lexie Birthday

We celebrated Logan and Lexie's birthday at home this year. We took each one seperately on a birthday date which turned out really fun. For Lexie we went out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and it was so good. We tried to take her to see the movie Hop, but it was sold out. So we walked around the mall and let her pick out an outfit. Then we ended with some ice cream. It was fun to spend one on one time with her. I made her a couple of purse cakes, I thought they turned out pretty cute. She is now 6 going on 16.

Logan wanted to eat at Pizza Hut, which was an odd choice but we went. He ate his usual ton of food. We went to see the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid and it was so cute. We all enjoyed ourselves. Then we ended with ice cream as well. Logan is really into Pokemon cards right now. So I made a cake that looks like the balls that they jump out of. I don't know the specific name and Logan would correct me if he were here. But he was so cute when he figured out what it was. Can you believe he is 9?



Happy Birthday my cute kids. Mommy loves you so much.

9 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I love the individual date ideas. I always mean to do that on occasion but then end up dragging the whole family to everything. I bet they felt so special! And NO I absolutely can't believe Logan is 9....WHAT?! Weren't we all just brand new mommies like last year? It feels like it. We HAVE TO get the three families together sometime.

Anonymous said...

What cute cakes!! It is also hard for me to think of Logan being nine. I still remember him as that big blue-eyed baby with the chubby cheeks. Love you all.

Anna Min said...

I'm impressed with the creativity that went into the cakes...
I prefer dates over parties any day:)Happy Birthday Logan and Lexie.

Sally said...

No I can't believe that Logan is 9! That means Samm is going to be 9soon and I'm not ready for that. And don't worry about HOP being sold out. You didn't miss much

britta said...

When is your race? Soon right? I am getting so excited for you, you will LOVE it!

The Thompson Family said...

Great job with the cakes. I am so glad they had so much fun on their birthday outings. Tell them Happy Birthday for us. Love you guys!

melissa said...

Sounds like they had fun Birthdays. We went to Hop on Saturday and it was such a wierd movie! The girls liked in tho.

Doug and Marilyn said...

Two birthdays so close has got to be crazy! I love the purse cake. So awesome!

britta said...

I just did the So. California Ragnar Relay. It was from Huntington beach to cornonado Island in San diego. I did it with women from my ward. My portion was 19 miles. We had a ton of fun. It was bit interesting between me and another friend pumping in the suburban. We were gone from our babies for 36 hours so we were super anxious to get home. Next big race will be St. George marathon first week in Oct. I will do smaller races till then but mostly just focusing on SGM. I also want to BQ at that race. I need to shave 5 min off before they up the times then it will be 10. Even then just by BQing there are other rules along with the faster times so it seems like it will be pretty difficult to get in. Nonetheless I actually don't care too much if I run Boston I just want to keep improving.
Sorry I just kept blabbing there. Good luck next weekend. I will chaeck in on you. Have a great time!!