Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowed In

Awww, the joy of snow. I have to say I am pretty much sick of it by now. School has been out for a week and of course we broke the 100 year record for snowfall. It would choose to do this on our first winter in MD. I have been hibernating as of late, which is why my post are far and few between. I am locked in the house with my books and the kids are going stir crazy. It snowed so much that Corey couldn't go to work for two days due to a state of emergency in the county his work is located in. It was nice having him home for two days, but now he has to work extra to catch up with all the orders.

I took pictures, but for some reason they don't do much justice. I am sure people will look and think that it is not a lot of snow, but for two days it is tons believe me. I am so grateful we have our 4 wheel drive vehicle. There were a couple of mornings where we couldn't get out of the driveway without it. Hopefully now we can get back to some normalcy here. This is one of the first times that I am looking forward to the start of a new week. Get these crazy boys back in school.

Looking down our driveway.
Before we shoveled out, wind was blowing notice all the drifting.

That is our trash can and the snow is taller than it. All that snow is just from our driveway.

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Oh yikes! We have had by far the warmest and most snowless winter this year out of all the 6 winters here in WI. Even still I am sick of it, so I feel for you big time. Stuck in the house for a whole week. How fun for two days, but a week? Mercy! Glad you survived it, and I hope whoever was shoveling all that snow is still able to walk.

Real Life Roberts said...

Oh my! I would not do well in that! That's a ton of snow. I can't believe you shoveled it!

Anonymous said...

All I can say Kory Jane is "Better you than me!!!" Try to think of it as an adventure. Surviorman. I love you.