Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Branson Day 2

Day two at Branson was by far the favorite for me. We got up and went to Silver Dollar City (an amusement park there) and we had a blast. The rides were so cool, and Logan was tall enough to ride every single one. Even the biggest, scariest roller coaster there. Corey and I had to laugh because he would scream and look terrified during the ride and then after claim it was no big deal. Gabe was still too short for most of the huge rides. But he did make the requirement on a ride called the powder keg. I LOVED this roller coaster. You start at zero and it blast you out of it super fast. Gabe really freaked out and I ended up having to carry him off the ride. He cried for a little while. But I loved how excited the kids were the whole time. There was also this really cool cave that you can go into. It was HUGE. It took about an hour and a half to go through the whole thing. I think this was my favorite part of the park. Well worth the time and energy. But poor Corey had to carry Hailey the whole time. He was a good sport and didn't complain too much. I tried to take some pictures, but it was just too dark for most to turn out.


Mom and I next to a 7 foot tall guy who worked there. When I first spotted him I thought he was on stilts, but nope those are his real legs. Pretty dang tall huh?
This is my favorite picture, I was trying to take a picture of the opening of the cave where we came down and mom jumped up right at the perfect moment. We giggled for a long time after seeing how she timed it.
Look how long this is. It starts on the floor and goes up. It was pretty amazing.

After Silver Dollar City we went back to our hotels and got all cleaned up. Then we went to Dixie Stampede. I love this place. We went as a family a couple of times in Myrtle Beach, but it was so fun to see the kids enjoy it. They put on this huge show in an arena and you eat dinner while you watch. We were not allowed to take pictures inside the arena, so we got some waiting to go inside at the pre-show. The food was excellent.
Trying to act all coy with the camera.
This is me looking excited to deal with a fussy Hailey during the show. I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked, but hey that is how life is with an infant.
Boys acting silly before the show started.

The last day we were there we went to the Titanic Museum there. I love the story of the Titanic and I think I always have. I have read so many books about it. This was an incredible place to see so much history and facts. I love to look at old things that have seen so many amazing things. It was ok with the kids. They were crazy and wild. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't constantly telling the kids to behave. And the fact that there were so many stinkin people there. But I loved it all the same.

After the tour it was time to go home. We stopped for lunch at this little Mexican place and we stuffed ourselves one last time. I had such a great time and I hope that the kids will remember this vacation and love it as much as I did.

3 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

I can't believe your boys are big enough to ride roller coasters. That if fun you got to go to Dixie Stampede. I have fond memories of that place. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Still have to chuckle at that picture!!!

Lisa said...

I love Silver Dollar City. It looks like you had a great time.