Saturday, October 27, 2007

My 15K Run!!





Today I ran my first ever race which was the Tulsa Run. It was a 15K and I don't think I have ran that far before. It is 9.3 miles and I finished in about one hour and twenty minutes. I have to say that was one of the hardest things I ever have done. As I was crossing the finish line I was throwing up and dry heaving. I felt so sick because my blood sugar was so low afterwards, but I can honestly say I feel like I really accomplished something. Hopefully next year I will improve my time and be in even better shape. I guess we will have to say. I also give props to my training partner Jenn who gave her all and also another lady in our ward who gave us the idea in the first place..thanks Andrea.

5 comments:

Tiffany Esquibel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so proud of you. I was thinking about you today, and hoping that all went well. I would definitely say that that was a great accomplishment. You should be very proud!! And you should frame that ribbon or at least display it somewhere!!

Real Life Roberts said...

I'm so proud of you!! GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!! Don't you feel like you can do anything now! congrats! Heidi

Walling Family said...

Congratulations! I would love to do that some day but baby steps right=)
I agree you should display it proudly!

Doug and Marilyn said...

Go girl go!! That is amazing and I have total respect for you. That is on my list of things to do someday.

Bill Compton said...

Hi Kory and Cory,
Way to go on your run! I saw your link on Marilyn and Doug's blog, so I thought I would check it out. I LOVED Betty and Linne's pics!!! I will have to give her a hard time about that one. Your children are darling! You have done a cute job on your blog. Hope to see you one of these days! Love, Debbi and Bill Compton