Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Football and babies

I am the first to brag that I never get sick.  It seems my kids bring home every bug under the sun and it usually skips right over me and invades everyone else.  This past week Danni got this cold.  She was happy during the day minus all the snot coming out of her nose but at night she was miserable.  She would wake up a lot and so I was awake a lot.  She is now finally getting back to her regular schedule and guess who gets this cold....yep me.  This thing is horrible.  My sinuses are all clogged and even when I take  medicine it does not good.  Night is the worst of course and I just keep squirting saline up my nose in the hopes it will not turn into a sinus infection.  I have no idea where Danni got it, except for maybe the grocery carts or high chairs at restaurants.  I am just hoping it goes as fast as it made it's appearance.  I don't have time to be sick....
 
Now to my regular post....Danni is now 7 months old.  She is really a character and loves attention.  In fact you would think she would shrivel and die without it.  It really doesn't help that all the kids cater to her.  If she cries one of them has mercy on her and picks her up.  but this has turned into scream fest if she is put down usually.  She is loving food and really likes everything I put down her.  I have tried the Gerber puffs that melt but she just seems to choke on them and not sure what to do with it.  Hopefully soon she can start just eating what we eat instead of buying all that puree food.  Danni loves to inch worm everywhere.  She semi crawls because she will get up into position and then rock and fall forward to get to things.  I have seen her crawl maybe a hand and knee forward a couple of times but not into a full crawl yet.  I have this sinking feeling it will be soon.  She already army drags around trying to find things to put into her mouth.  My favorite thing she does now (well I guess there are two) she will say mama when she wants me which I find so cute even when she is crying.  And when she gets excited she pants like a dog and will chew on your shoulder.  Good thing she only has the two teeth on the bottom.  Time has just gotten away with me it seems and I want it to slow down because I love this cute little fat stage she is in.
 This is her panting face...
 Crawl position
 She just looked too cute in this one...
 Oh and this one too.
 
 
We signed the boys up for football this year.  It worked out great because it is 5th and 6th grade boys in one league.  So I don't have to do double practices and double games.  There is nothing cuter than little boys in those cute football uniforms.  Logan and Gabe are just so different and you can see it in the way they play football.  Logan is so laid back it takes Corey to yell at him to get a fire going.  He just is not very competitive and that is fine.  He says football is ok and so I am not sure if he will want to play school football next year but we will wait and see how that goes.  Gabe is a big attitude in a little body.  He says he loves football and can't wait for games and practice.  He catches really well and he has a lot of fight in him.  Corey took all the action shots and I basically sat and had kids on me the whole time.  
 Gabe getting a pat on the head from the ref.
 Gabe doing a great job of defending
 Hailey just trying to not be bored.
 Logan doing a tackle
 Logan tackle number 2....he is a red stripper which means he was too heavy to play anything but the line.  He was a little bummed about that.
Danni and I hanging out.
 
And as an ending note, Gabe tried out for the choir group here called Sunny Singers and he didn't get in.  Gabe is my social butterfly and wants to participate in everything at school.  He was pretty bummed that he didn't get in.  I told him not to worry about it.  They just didn't have a bass part in grade school.....lol.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

She is so cute and that smile makes it hard to believe that she cries all the time. I had one of those too though, cried all the time but manage to smile for cameras. I love football! How fun to have two boys playing. I mean, football is in their blood after all.

Anonymous said...

Just 5 days and I can see those cute kids in person!!! I love you.

Melissa said...

I hope you feel better soon! Danni is so cute!

Unknown said...

She is so cute and chunky. I love it. I bet Corey Scott loves having in sons in football. Hope you have fun with Mom and Dad. Love you Kory Jane.