Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday in Washington

Wednesday morning we got up and got ready and drove three hours to Lincoln City and the Newport Beach area. My in-laws rented a beach house right on the beach and they brought there boat up and docked it at Newport. I have been to the Atlantic Ocean numerous times, but I have to say the Pacific coast is so much different. Just to look at, I would say the Pacific Coast is much more beautiful. The water is cold and so was I, but we all really enjoyed ourselves.

The kids got to ride in Grandpa's boat while he took it off the ramp and over to our docking spot. Hailey loved it and didn't want to get off. It really is a nice boat. I was already getting fishing fever at this point.

Safety first for our little ones.
Bridge in Newport.



We actually saw this starfish in the bay where the boat was at.


After we got all settled in we walked down to the beach to let the kids play in the ocean for the first time. They LOVED it. The waves are entertainment just in themselves. Notice everyone was jumping the waves in jackets. It was so cold, but it didn't stop the kids from having fun. At some point all four kids got knocked down by waves and still they got back up and went right back in. Daddy leading Hailey to see the waves

Beautiful cliffs by the beach, our house is at the top of that cliff.




I guess that wave gets a thumbs up






Everyone was so cold after getting wet, there was a nice family nearby that let us warm ourselves by the fire.

This is the pout I am cold want to go home look. It worked on the grandparents, but Corey and I are used to that look. Still dang cute.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Looks like a fun vacation! We went to Oregon one time when I was young and I remember the water being freezing, but we still played in it!

Anonymous said...

I can see why they fell for the pout! I would too. Cute pics. I love you all.