Friday, July 9, 2010

4th Of July Weekend

Wow what a crazy week this has been. Hence my excuse for not blogging in a little while. Corey has started another class for school and so with work I don't see him that often. But over the 4th we had a lot of fun. We met a great new couple in our Ward (the Ryder's) and we hung out with them all weekend. It has been so hot here lately and we have all been melting into the sidewalks here. But there is always time for a little cuteness regardless of how hot it gets.
She loves shoes. Any shoes will do and she will just walk around the house in them stomping to make noise. I think she has gotten my obsession with them. Hope her future husband builds her a huge closet to hold all of them.

On Saturday before the 4th we headed down to Gettysburg. This is the Anniversary of the battle there so they had a bunch of re enactments going on. It was busy, but wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The Ryder's came along and we walked around and looked at some stuff. It was so hot and we all got so sweaty. Hailey's little face was bright red. But we all survived. On the way down Gabe pulled out his front tooth that has been loose for sometime now. I love that big gap in front when they lose it. There were a lot of women dressed up and walking around. I have no idea how they all didn't die from heat stroke. Looks at all that material. And the gloves...yuck. This is where Hailey wanted to be. Playing in the dirt. It as been so dry that it is that really light dirty stuff. She looked homeless by the time we got home. But at least it kept her happy. I really need one of these at home for time outs. I think it would work really well.


Well maybe not for Lexie so much. She was terrified the whole time that the guy was going to drop her.


We also enjoyed lots of food and BBQ, which was one of the best points. Then on Tuesday night a bunch of women from church wanted to hit Eclipse. Since I hadn't seen it yet, we went. I wasn't going to go, but Christy informed me that I was. I was glad because we had such a good time.
I love this picture because she thought I was taking a group one. Little did she know I was just zoomed in on her. Hope you don't kill me Christy, but I think you look so cute.

Now we have Palmyra to look forward to next week. I am hoping I get lots of pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time. Lexie is getting so cute. I love you all and drink lots of fluid!!

Seth and Julie said...

Those pictures look so "summer"y. I love Summer and it looks like you guys are loving it too.

melissa said...

Looks like your keeping busy! I love that first picture of Hailey. Cute, cute!